1 Hr Adverse Incident Reporting Training
Our Adverse Incident Reporting training is required by all staff who provide direct care to residents who have not taken the core training program. Direct care staff shall receive a minimum of 1-hour in-service training within 30 days of employment that covers reporting Major and adverse incidents.
Quality-related issues, including adverse incidents, can have a negative effect on the health and well-being of residents. Therefore, assisted living facilities to have processes in place to identify, investigate, and resolve these issues. In fact, given the potential severity some of these issues have, the State of Florida has specific regulations for assisted living facilities regarding adverse incidents and reporting.
What is an adverse incident reporting?
An event over which facility personnel could exercise control rather than as a result of the resident‘s condition and results in:
- Brain or spinal damage
- Permanent disfigurement
- Fracture or dislocation of bones or joints
- Any condition that required medical attention to which the resident has not given his or her consent, including failure to honor advanced directives
- Any condition requiring definitive or specialized medical attention which is not consistent with the routine management of the patient’s case or patient’s preexisting physical condition
- Any condition requiring surgical intervention to correct or control
- Any condition resulting in a transfer of the patient, within or outside the facility, to a unit providing a more acute level of care
- Any condition that extends the patient’s length of stay
- Any condition that results in a limitation of neurological, physical, or sensory function which continues after discharge from the facility
Why take this course?
This course is specifically designed for Florida assisted living administrator’s 12-hour Continuing Education requirements as well as educational purposes for direct care staff supplemental training.
What you will learn?
In this course, you will learn about Florida Statute 429.23 regarding internal risk management, adverse incidents, and reporting requirements. Additionally, you will learn about incident report completion and investigations and the role of risk management.
- Lectures 1
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 50 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 21
- Assessments Yes