1 Hr Online Facility Emergency Procedures Course
This online course covers appropriate procedures for controlling a wide array of emergency situations including medical emergencies, fires, natural disasters, explosions, bomb threats, hazardous spills, and acts of violence.
Our Facility Emergency Procedures course defines the policies, procedures, responsibilities, and actions that the facility will take before, during, and after an emergency situation.
Besides the emergency procedure course, if you are looking for training that is required by all staff who provide direct care to residents, consider enrolling our adverse incident reporting online training. Adverse incident reporting is an event over which facility personnel could exercise control rather than as a result of the resident‘s condition.
What is a Facility Emergency Procedures course?
Facility Emergency Procedure Course is the resource management and responsibilities for dealing with all humane aspects of emergencies (preparedness, response, mitigation, and recovery). A core objective is to reduce the harmful effects of all hazards, including disasters. Emergency Procedure course is one of the courses available covering emergency management in assisted living facilities.
Why take this course?
By taking this course, you will be able to maintain:
- Potential emergencies at the assisted living arena and how to prepare to respond.
- What to include in emergency procedures?
- Leadership, communication, situational awareness skills, and how to be calm under pressure.
Who is this course for?
This course is ideal for a learner who would like to serve in assisted living facilities, want to understand more about emergency planning and to improve skills in the assisted living domain. Even more, this course is best suited for:
- Anyone with a responsibility for emergency management in assisted living facilities.
- Anyone who wants to build confidence in emergency management.
- Anyone looking to develop emergency management response skills.
What you will learn?
In accordance with Florida Administrative Code 59A-36 and Staffing Standards, this module will introduce and explore Facility Emergency Procedures. This module will cover:
Introduction to Facility Emergency Procedures Training
What is Emergency Management?
The Regulations for Emergency Management in Florida
Your role as an Advocate for Emergency Management in Assisted Living
* What is Emergency Management?
* The Regulations for Emergency Management in Florida
* Your role as an Advocate for Emergency Management in Assisted Living
- Lectures 7
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 50 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 60
- Assessments Yes
- Hazards (Disaster Acronyms) Disaster Acronyms and Glossary
- Regulations for Emergency Mgt in Florida
- Fire Incident Reporting and Systems Failure
- Fire Incident Report (image, p1)
- Fire Incident Report (image, p2)
- Generator Safety (link) Important Tips to Ensure Safety When Using Generators
- Generator Safety (image, p1)