Alzheimer’s and Dementia Related Disorders Level 1 Training
This course will provide individuals with a summary of dementia and information on how to manage the disease in the Assisted Living arena. Our course is approved to train and certify learners to work in Adult Day Centers and Assisted Living facilities. Even more, our training courses, programs, and qualifications are accredited by the Florida boards.
What is Alzheimer’s and Dementia Level 1 Training?
This comprehensive course covers what dementia is, including the causes and symptoms, and how it is diagnosed and treated. Our level 1 training also teaches you some of the different types of dementia and a way to support a patient. You will learn how to diagnose the early, middle, and late findings associated with Alzheimer’s and Dementia.
Why take this course? What will you be able to learn after taking this course?
By taking this course you will be able to stay up to date to provide essential support and care to people living with Dementia and Alzheimers in Assisted Living Facilities. After completing this course the learner will be able to:
- Differentiate early, middle, and late findings associated with dementia in the assessment of the elder people.
- Discuss the three causes of reversible dementia.
- Discuss the role of medication, the risks, and the benefits of drugs used to treat behavioral disturbances in dementia.
- Discuss the challenges of caregiving of a dementia patient.
- Identify symptoms of dementia and also explain how these signs might be associated with other forms of conditions
- Support people who have dementia so that they can live fulfilling lives with their diagnosis,
- Have a deep understanding of the impact on individuals living with dementia, their families, friends, and society as a whole,
- Understand the importance of empathy and showing compassion to people who have dementia,
Who is the course for?
This online training course should be completed by those who work in health and social care services, including:
- Agency workers
- Healthcare Assistants
- Support workers
- Assisted Living Care assistants
- Community services
- Social Care Support Workers
- Voluntary Staff working in the NHS
Learn anywhere, anytime on any device.
You will need access to a desktop computer, laptop, tablet, or smartphone device with a good internet connection to complete these online courses.
What you will learn?
- Normal Aging and Memory Loss from ADRD – Comparisons
- Reversible and Irreversible Dementia
- Diagnosis of ADRD
- Causes and Research within ADRD
- Characteristics of ADRD
- The Stages of ADRD
- Challenges for Caregivers and ADRD
- Communication Challenges and ADRD
- Effective Communication with Residents
- Families and the impact of ADRD
- Effective working with Families of ADRD
- Environmental Factors and ADRD
- Lectures 5
- Quizzes 1
- Duration 50 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 49
- Assessments Self