3 Hrs Activities of Daily Living (ADL) Online Course
Activities of Daily Living Agenda
This course provides an overview and instruction on how to assist persons with dementia or a person who needs basic physical needs with their activities of daily living, commonly referred to as ADLs.
What are the Activities of Daily Living/ADL?
ADL acronym for Activities of Daily Living. These activities are the basic tasks of everyday life, and they include tasks such as eating, bathing, clothing, and toileting. For most people, these tasks are learned relatively easily and become a part of a daily routine. For some elderly people or people with special needs, these tasks might be more difficult and might require constant reminding or rewards for completing the activities of daily living.
Why take this course?
This course will help students better understand how to assist persons with Alzheimer’s disease or a person who needs special attention after completion of ADL training. In this course, you will learn the various levels of functional ability in persons with Alzheimer’s disease as well as the guidelines you must follow when providing care in assisted living facilities.
What you will learn?
By the end of this course, learners will be :
- able to understand the core activities of daily living, also commonly referred to as ADLs.
- Six fundamental skills typically needed to manage basic physical needs.
- able to identify challenges that residents with Dementia, Alzheimer’s face that can hinder or prevent them from performing ADL’s.
- able to identify strategies to overcome challenges in assisting residents with ADL’s.
- able to learn how to identify and incorporate resident preferences into daily care activities in order to improve outcomes.
Our ADL Course Modules Includes:
- What are the Activities of Daily Living (ADL’s)?
Assistance with Ambulation
Assistance with Bathing
Assistance with Dressing and Grooming
Assistance with Oral Care
Assistance with Eating and Drinking
Assistance with Toileting
- Understanding Resident Behaviors in Assisted Living
- Introducing Alzheimer’s and Dementia
- Other Behaviors
- Person-Centered Care
- Lectures 1
- Quizzes 1
- Duration 3 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 3
- Assessments Self